59: Understanding & Balancing Your Mind-Body Type w/ Sahara Rose
There is no one way of balancing health for all. Discover the right balance for your unique energy and personality. Today’s guest, Sahara Rose, is the best-selling author of the Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda and a certified Ayurvedic, Holistic, and Sports Nutritionist. Bridging ayurvedic wisdom and modern nutritional science, Sahara’s mission is to awaken people of their innate potential and purpose. In this episode, Sahara and Aileen explore their own ‘airy’ mind-body types, the intuitive relationship between health and personality, and how to adapt ancient wisdom to modern times.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:06 – An introduction to Ayurveda: The science of life
- 2:38 – The three doshas – How the five elements make up our minds and bodies
- 6:52 – How Sahara balanced her ‘airy’ Vata dosha – First experiences with Ayurveda in India
- 10:30 – Adapting a raw vegan diet to Ayurvedic wisdom
- 14:25 – Pitta: The ‘fiery’ dosha – passionate, organized, and impatient
- 18:03 – Kapha: The ‘earthy’ dosha – giving, patient, and resentful
- 22:39 – Writing The Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda + Meeting Deepak Chopra
- 27:52 – Future directions: Eat Feel Fresh plant-based Ayurveda cookbook
- Skillshare | https://www.skillshare.com/aileen
- Ayurveda (Idiot’s Guide)
- Discover Your Ayurvedic Mind-Body Type quiz
- Ayurveda is a system to bring you back into balance no matter what’s going on.
- Write the book that you want to write and the rest will happen.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.