166: Breakup Bootcamp: Attachment, Heartbreak & Healing w/ Amy Chan
This one’s for those looking for love, healing from lost love, or running out of love to give. Today’s guest is Amy Chan, relationship expert and author of Breakup Bootcamp, sharing her wisdom on the psychology of love and relationships.
Listen on to learn why we ignore relationship red flags, what to do when you’re giving more than receiving, and how to find out if your relationship will last.
In this episode we explore:
- 4:18 – Why do we choose wrong people? What makes the “bad boy” or “bad girl” attractive?
- 7:49 – How to break the cycle of choosing the wrong person
- 11:00 – An exercise in co-dependency and losing your sense of self
- 17:06 – Attachment styles 101: Secure, avoidant, or anxious?
- 22:53 – How to know when to let go, even when you’re partner’s amazing
- 25:08 – Regaining trust & healing from bad breakups
- 27:48 – How to know if they really like you, or if you should stop waiting around
- 30:10 – Amy’s dream life, book rec, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- 31:55 – Lavi Love takeaways you should reflect on today
- Renew Breakup Bootcamp
- Heart Hackers Club (formerly Just My Type)
- Breakup Bootcamp: The Science of Rewiring Your Heart
- It’s never just about the ex. It’s recycled pain.
- Hanging on to hope for someone else to change in order for you to be happy is a recipe for disaster.
- We can be dating people who are amazing … but are they amazing for you? Are they the amazing fit for you?
- Love is something that is created through time, getting to know someone’s character, through seeing them through different situations in life.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.