107: Choosing Wonder Over Worry w/ Amber Rae
How do you tell the
difference between worry that keeps you safe and worry that holds you back from
growth and new experiences? Today’s guest, Amber Rae wrote “Choose Wonder
Over Worry” to share how she tells the difference: a journey through the
inner world to come out and live your truth.
Aileen and Amber
talk about life’s big questions that draw people to the self help space,
turning your critical inner voice into imaginary characters, and how to get
over imposter syndrome when you feel like you’re not qualified to create or
share your voice.
In this episode we
- 1:08 – Amber’s early start in psychology, self help, creating inspirational content on Tumblr
- 5:06 – Moving from San Francisco to NYC in less than 24 hours – and ending up working with Seth Godin
- 9:10 – Choose Wonder Over Worry: A journey through the inner world & embracing curiosity of the unknown
- 14:48 – How to tell the difference between toxic worry and useful worry
- 17:00 – Getting over perfectionism & the stories we tell ourselves about not being enough
- 19:31 – Imposter syndrome: The worry that holds Amber back from living her true self
- 22:25 – Feeling vs. thinking about emotions & Embracing the messages they have for us
- 26:26 – Actionable advice for aspiring authors looking to get published
- 28:11 – Q&A: Amber’s dream life, recommendations, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Choose Wonder Over Worry
- Publishers Marketplace
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Soraa | www.amazon.com/soraa (Promo code: LAVENDAIRE)
- If I’m going to do it, I’m going to go all in, and I’m going to make a story and an adventure out of it.
- When I put pen to paper, I feel like I can reveal myself to myself.
- The most amazing part about life is the mystery of witnessing it unfold.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.